Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Adventures In Parenting a Toddler

If anyone ever told you that parenting a toddler was easy, they were either 1. In extreme denial or 2. Bat shit crazy beyond all help. Parenting a 2 year old is much harder than parenting an infant, aka a blob.

For starters, blobs don't talk back. They're just kind of there. I never thought I would be willing to trade for sleepless nights with a newborn but I would. Some nights Jillian can be so difficult. Let's take tonight for example.

Me: time for tubby
Jill: not yet soon
Me: no now is a good time.
Jill: noooooo okkkkkkay?
Me: no not okkkkkkayyy


Once I wrangle the midget into the bath tub it's a new ball game.

Me: Jill don't drink the tub water. That's gross.
Jill: no mama. You mean. Time out.


I can't make this stuff up. Next time someone tells you toddlers are easy or that they don't talk back, you better tell them to refill their Prozac.

No comments:

Post a Comment