Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I'm such a bad mama...

At least, that's how I felt yesterday.

JBean had her 2 month check up yesterday. Of course, this is the first of her appointments her daddy couldn't squeeze out of work for a few. Supposedly he was very busy. I'm calling bullshit. He just didn't want to deal with what was coming...

...the dreaded two months shots...

They did the regular exam and what have you and of course save the dreadful shots for last (3 sticks in the leg and an oral injection). Miss JBean now weighs 10 lbs., 6 oz's for those that are curious and she is in the 5oth percentile for both height and weight... aka perfect, but we knew that.

Anyway, back to the story at hand.

So JBeanie gets a clean bill of health and the doctor left the room to get the nurse. JBean lost her shit at that point. I firmly believe she knew what was coming since she's smart like her mom. I decided to give her a ba-ba (bottle) and according the nurse, that was a brilliant idea (This is the part where I feel like I should get the mother of the year award). She didn't see JBean lose her shit...yet.

Nursey prepares the injections then asks me to bring JBeans to the table. Where she promptly instructs me to hold her arms down. AKA the most heartbreaking thing ever. She was screaming like "Mama, help me this lady is hurting me" and giving me the pitiful sad eyes and it just broke my heart and was the worst thing ever. I will admit that I cried. I felt so helpless.

After she was done being tortured, I finished giving her her ba-ba and she promptly fell asleep. I'm thinking because she was traumatized. She was such a good little girl the whole way home.

Once we got here, she seemed okay, just really groggy - which I was expecting. Basically, she slept all day and when she wasn't sleeping she was crying while eating.

It got to be 9 PM and I was snuggling her, trying to make her feel safe... I swear to god she started screaming like I was trying to murder her. I felt so bad for the poor thing.

As you might know, I am blessed with the best baby every. She has essentially been sleeping through the night since week 3. Last night was hands down the worst we've EVER had. She was up three times, screaming her brains out. (My landlord lives downstairs and our living room is essentially above him bedroom - I'm sure he loves me today).

So I'm exhausted because I think I got 3 non-consecutive hours of sleep. But, the good news is JBean appears to be back to her normal self... since she's sitting next to me in her Cupcake Boppy pillow, kicking the crap out of my leg, and smiling that devilish smile like she's about to do something wrong.

Man, I love this kid so much.

...and do not look forward to her four month appointment. le sigh.

Does anyone have tips for how to get through these appointments? I imagine they're only going to get worse as she becomes aware of what is about to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment